At the end of this Medical-Surgical Nursing chapter, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the three triaged system used in the ER
- Apply ABCDE prioritization principles to patient care
- Identify clients who are at risk for a fluid and electrolyte imbalance
- Identify clients who are at risk for an acid base imbalance
- Teach measures to prevent Fluid & Electrolyte Imbalance, assessment findings, and nursing interventions.
- Compare and contrast assessment findings of different types of shock and nursing care